Myanmar, Burma is the country with the highest number of different ethnicity in the world. There is one minor group which is internationally famous and yet a significant number of people don’t know where they actually come from. One of the famous ethnic is "Kayan", which became popular across all continents due to that the long necked women form part of this ethnic group. Most of these long necked women are located in the border between Myanmar and Chiang Mai, Thailand. They are actually come from one very small village (Panpet Village) Demoso Township, Kayah State, Myanmar, Burma. According to their culture, most women wear these big rings around their neck since younger age. Many decades ago, the region was home to some tigers. They do not wear rings only around their neck but also around all their extremities. It was a self-defense system against tiger attacks. However, nowadays they are wearing them only for the visiting tourists and cultural reasons.
This photo was taken at Surigao Port, Philippines. They were one of those locals called 'Badjaos' who asked for food and even coins from the boat passengers. They are most visible in port areas and lives in the sea. They do not have permanent land address.
- Рейтинг фотографов по странам и городам строится на основе 2 лучших фотографий автора и их относительной позиции в каждой отдельной номинации. Рейтинг в номинации "Мобильная фотография" учитывается в меньшей степени для формирования рейтинга. В списке показывается одна фотография автора с лучшим рейтингом.
- В рейтинге по номинациям учитывается одна лучшая работа автора набравшая максимальный бал.
- В списке опубликованы только работы которые прошли 2-й этап голосования.
- The rating of photographers by countries and cities is based on the two best photos of the author and their relative position in each separate nomination. Rating in the nomination "Mobile Photography" is taken into account to a lesser extent for rating formation. The list shows one photo of the author with the best rating.
- The rating for the nominations takes into account one of the best photographs of the author who scored the maximum score.
- Only those photos have been published in the list that passed the second stage of voting.