This image was shot using one speed light in a softbox to the side so the soft diffused light hits her face and gradually falls of into total shadow/darkness there by making it a lowkey image.
The black and white conversion was an added artistic feel to make the image more appealing.
Finally the models look says it all...
The gathered of the young females and males deliberating on who own the baby toy picked, with each trying to point out his/her reason of ownship while some don't just have a say but hope to just walk away with the toy...
My recent work aims to portray the importance, strength & power of women / women of power i.e Heroines, most importantly. As most (if not few) of us know, Queen Amina of Zaria was a Hausa ruler in the mid 15th - 16th century from the ancient City Of Kano State, Nigeria. I remember reading about her legend in one of those story & educative books when I was much younger. Reimagining & resuscitating one of her famous images, I added a twist to it by introducing a fusion of post modern- futurism ( ancient Mystic fictions that are still relevant till date, Space & robotics) and fashion. Therefore, using Queen Amina's exploits and achievements as a reference to the capability of all women everywhere, I highlight the importance & strength/ power of women in our modern day society and how crucial it is to respect their usefulness.
- Рейтинг фотографов по странам и городам строится на основе 2 лучших фотографий автора и их относительной позиции в каждой отдельной номинации. Рейтинг в номинации "Мобильная фотография" учитывается в меньшей степени для формирования рейтинга. В списке показывается одна фотография автора с лучшим рейтингом.
- В рейтинге по номинациям учитывается одна лучшая работа автора набравшая максимальный бал.
- В списке опубликованы только работы которые прошли 2-й этап голосования.
- The rating of photographers by countries and cities is based on the two best photos of the author and their relative position in each separate nomination. Rating in the nomination "Mobile Photography" is taken into account to a lesser extent for rating formation. The list shows one photo of the author with the best rating.
- The rating for the nominations takes into account one of the best photographs of the author who scored the maximum score.
- Only those photos have been published in the list that passed the second stage of voting.