The incredible architecture of the Dutch national media archives. This is one of my all-time favorite buildings. The lower you go in the underground galleries, the more precious the old movies become that are stored inside — windows to long-forgotten times.
During a trek around the Kalaw region in the Shan State of eastern Myanmar I had lunch with a local family during heavy showers. After a while, their 10 year old son came home for a break from the village monastery. He was halfway through his 1 year voluntary service as a novice, as is usual for boys below 20 in Myanmar. His proud and earnest look made that I couldn't resist to ask if I could take his picture (2017).
Mother and a child sharing a very rare condition so called "Waardenburg syndrome" ( a rare genetic disorder most often characterized by varying degrees of deafness, minor defects in structures arising from the neural crest, and pigmentation changes.) that causes blue eyes become unnaturally shiny blue.
- Рейтинг фотографов по странам и городам строится на основе 2 лучших фотографий автора и их относительной позиции в каждой отдельной номинации. Рейтинг в номинации "Мобильная фотография" учитывается в меньшей степени для формирования рейтинга. В списке показывается одна фотография автора с лучшим рейтингом.
- В рейтинге по номинациям учитывается одна лучшая работа автора набравшая максимальный бал.
- В списке опубликованы только работы которые прошли 2-й этап голосования.
- The rating of photographers by countries and cities is based on the two best photos of the author and their relative position in each separate nomination. Rating in the nomination "Mobile Photography" is taken into account to a lesser extent for rating formation. The list shows one photo of the author with the best rating.
- The rating for the nominations takes into account one of the best photographs of the author who scored the maximum score.
- Only those photos have been published in the list that passed the second stage of voting.