The bee-eaters are a group of near-passerine birds in the family Meropidae. Most species are found in Africa and Asia but others occur in southern Europe, Australia, and New Guinea. They are characterised by richly coloured plumage, slender bodies, and usually elongated central tail feathers. All have long downturned bills and pointed wings, which give them a swallow-like appearance when seen from afar. There are 26 different species of bee-eaters.
A black & white close-up of a feather. I took the photo a few months ago while trying to know my phone better (only camera i had back then). So i started to experiment with different objects, backgrounds and lights, and in the end this was one of the photos that impressed me. Three simple elements helped me to take this shot: a dark background, a feather and a flashlight (and of course the phone). Details about the photo: Focal Length 4.3 mm, Shutter Speed 1/90 sec, Aperture f/1.9, ISO 50.
All of my life the ant's world for me is so magic and stuning. I started the ant's observation in our garden when i was 5year old child. This picture was created on a mountain environment, after few day searching to take something interesting pictures about ants. This Ant was coming out in the colony, and looking for a place where cleaning her self by dust and dirt, and i take the chance to capture this interesting posture.
- Рейтинг фотографов по странам и городам строится на основе 2 лучших фотографий автора и их относительной позиции в каждой отдельной номинации. Рейтинг в номинации "Мобильная фотография" учитывается в меньшей степени для формирования рейтинга. В списке показывается одна фотография автора с лучшим рейтингом.
- В рейтинге по номинациям учитывается одна лучшая работа автора набравшая максимальный бал.
- В списке опубликованы только работы которые прошли 2-й этап голосования.
- The rating of photographers by countries and cities is based on the two best photos of the author and their relative position in each separate nomination. Rating in the nomination "Mobile Photography" is taken into account to a lesser extent for rating formation. The list shows one photo of the author with the best rating.
- The rating for the nominations takes into account one of the best photographs of the author who scored the maximum score.
- Only those photos have been published in the list that passed the second stage of voting.