Making pots the old fashioned way in Bhaktapur’s pottery square
It’s like a step back in time to visit Bhaktapur. Handicrafts are still made by hand here and not imported from China with a label stuck onto them. Traditionally spun and fired clay pots are a fine example of Bhaktapur’s thriving craft trades. It’s a fascinating process to watch. More perhaps because of the people than the actual pot making.
A typical newari local representing one of the nine Durga ( Wrathful Manifestation of Parvati ( a hindu deity) shares a laugh during his break time from the performance at Panauti.
Navadurga festival is a mask dance ceremony of nine Durgas,the various demonic representation of manifestations of Parvati, the shakti of Shiva in the tantric tradition. The Navadurga festival is indigenous to Bhaktapur which is performed in and around Bhaktapur city andnearby localities.It is performed in Panauti and huge mass of people had participated here with great enthusiasm.
In the context of Kathmandu, Nepal the peoples having many problems that come to the homeless. This woman is the facing same problem and lastly, she is begar. She trying to fulfil her children's needs.
Kakulti is a 16 yr old young girl from Lahan,Nepal.
she got married in age of 15. she said"i married early because my mother is facing so many problems in her life" and she has no regrets. she studied till she was age of 14 and she seems to be happy with her husband.
Small friend visited to my garden.So,for the memory i take this picture.He is spiky & most don't like her but she is my cute little friend & my inspiration.How ugly I look or how tough is my path the day will come that all run after you & wanna catch you.
Was really intrigued by the look and feel of this place in Birgunj. The man arranges flowers into a bouquet for selling, and lives in the same place. Seems like the elements here have arranged themselves into a bouquet of some sort.
One of the most mesmerizing rituals at Pashupatinath Temple is the Pashupati Bagmati Aarati. Aarati is a ritual of worship in which light from wicks soaked in ghee (purified butter) is offered to God. Pashupati Bagmati Aarati follows three priests conducting the custom with oil lamps, lanterns and other religious elements by chanting sacred mantra.
Mt. Machhapuchhare (Fishtail) from the Annapurna Base Camp
Machapuchare is at the end of a long spur ridge, coming south out of the main backbone of the Annapurna Himalayas, which forms the eastern boundary of the Annapurna Sanctuary. The Sanctuary is a favorite trekking destination, and the site of the base camps for the South Face of Annapurna and for numerous smaller objectives. The peak is about 25 km (16 mi) north of Pokhara, the main town of the region.
Loneliness is a long, unbearable pain….There was never a place for me in the scheme of things….I had become a living fantasy on a theme in dark, endless dirges….I made another world, and real men would enter it and they would never really get hurt at all in the vivid, unreal laws of the dream.
This photo was taken by Motorola Moto X Play while I was inside the SUV, going back home from Mustang, Nepal. There was only 2 seconds window to get this perfect shot. Post Processed in Photoshop, Lightroom and Picasa. I can send you original photo too.
- Рейтинг фотографов по странам и городам строится на основе 2 лучших фотографий автора и их относительной позиции в каждой отдельной номинации. Рейтинг в номинации "Мобильная фотография" учитывается в меньшей степени для формирования рейтинга. В списке показывается одна фотография автора с лучшим рейтингом.
- В рейтинге по номинациям учитывается одна лучшая работа автора набравшая максимальный бал.
- В списке опубликованы только работы которые прошли 2-й этап голосования.
- The rating of photographers by countries and cities is based on the two best photos of the author and their relative position in each separate nomination. Rating in the nomination "Mobile Photography" is taken into account to a lesser extent for rating formation. The list shows one photo of the author with the best rating.
- The rating for the nominations takes into account one of the best photographs of the author who scored the maximum score.
- Only those photos have been published in the list that passed the second stage of voting.