The clarity and royalty belonging truly to the Milky Way are shown on the pristine conditions of Holbox island. Captured from the base of the harbor in Cocos point and surrounded with a completely still ocean it becomes a harder experience to have with each passing day, it makes us question the true meaning of development.
Taken at the beautiful beach of El Banco in Nayarit, Mexico, four pelicans decided to perch themselves and rest upon a dried up mangrove tree. This scene happened right in front of me, I couldn't believe these beautiful birds didn't mind my presence. Pelicans may seem like an ordinary species to some, but it is time and it is also of utmost importance that we learn to appreciate the beauty and magnificence of every single species on the planet. These gentle giants are important to the environment and grace the coastal skies with their flights. Beaches would never be the same if these birds were gone. I tried to capture their beauty in a simple photo in which the main focus was the bird quartet.
Es una típica fotografía de relámpagos pero tomada desde el piso y contextualizando la tormenta en un paisaje urbano nocturno, llevando el rayo y el flujo de vehículos de un boulevard hacia la misma dirección de la imagen.
Burning of gas to process the oil extracted in the Province of Sucumbió.
Dureno, Sucumbio Province, Ecuador. July 18, 2017.
In 1964, the oil company Texaco (now Chevron) arrives in Ecuador with a concession for 1.5 million hectares in the Amazon jungle, in the province of Sucumbio and Orellana. Between 1972 and 1992, the company extracted 1.5 million oil barrels while 19 billion of waste barrels were intentionally spoiled in the region, mainly in rivers. According to environmental associations, this has been the worst oil disaster in the world. The company argued that in the area where they worked there was no human presence, disqualifying the presence of the indigenous people in the area.
Doña Rosa and her husband founded the Tsumtsuim Community 50 years ago. They also had to hide in the jungle when the military attacked.
Shuar Community of Tsumtsuim, Morona-Santiago Province, Ecuador. July 3 2017.
Intro text of the serie:
PIATSAW*: A diary on the Resistance of the Native Peoples of Ecuadorian Amazon.
The project tells about the different ways of Resistance of the indigenous people in the Ecuadorian Amazon who are threatened by the ongoing concessions for foreign companies for extraction activities. The extractive activities would not only destroy the jungle, they would also deprive the natives of their lands as well as their identities and traditions. The Shuar and Achuar territories are rich in copper and gold; more in the north, in the province of Pastaza y Orellana where Sáparas and Kichwas live, the threat comes from the extraction of oil. The concept of territorial identity and control of the lands, the conservation of the ethnic identity and its traditions, the War of 95 that divided them between Ecuadorians and Peruvians, the victory of the Sarayaku against the government, the attack on Nankinz and the following eviction of Tsumtsuim, are the central themes that compose this diary on the resistance of what is left of the Amazon peoples in Ecuador.
*Piatsaw: the first man in the Sápara mythologie who prophesied the end of his people’s culture.
- Рейтинг фотографов по странам и городам строится на основе 2 лучших фотографий автора и их относительной позиции в каждой отдельной номинации. Рейтинг в номинации "Мобильная фотография" учитывается в меньшей степени для формирования рейтинга. В списке показывается одна фотография автора с лучшим рейтингом.
- В рейтинге по номинациям учитывается одна лучшая работа автора набравшая максимальный бал.
- В списке опубликованы только работы которые прошли 2-й этап голосования.
- The rating of photographers by countries and cities is based on the two best photos of the author and their relative position in each separate nomination. Rating in the nomination "Mobile Photography" is taken into account to a lesser extent for rating formation. The list shows one photo of the author with the best rating.
- The rating for the nominations takes into account one of the best photographs of the author who scored the maximum score.
- Only those photos have been published in the list that passed the second stage of voting.